RNet Banner

Welocme to RNet
Search AskRNet


This website provides information and guidance for retiring Foreign Service employees of the Departments of Commerce, Agriculture, the Agency for International Development, The Broadcasting Board of Governors and Peace Corps, as well as retirees and annuitants from all the Foreign Affairs agencies. For quick answers to frequently asked questions on retirement, try searching AskRnet. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, send your question to HRSC@state.gov.

For Current Employees    For Annuitants

Foreign Service employees of USAID, FCS, USDA-FAS and APHIS, IBB and Peace Corps should use the resources and forms available on this site to apply for retirement. Please consult your agency HR office for personal retirement counseling.

All retiring employees of State Department (CS and FS) should use ERP to apply for retirement [go to HR Portal on Open Net; click on ERP on the left side of the screen]. If you have questions about ERP, please e-mail: HRSC@state.gov

Planning Your Retirement

Career Transition Center

Register for courses on retirement at the Foreign Service Institute (FSI):
  Click http://www.employeeexpress.gov to:
    dot  Access  annuity statements
    dot  Change your address
    dot  Retrieve your 1099R
    dot  Adjust financial arrangements

Instructions for Annuitants to Access Employee Express

Click HRSC@state.gov or call 1-866-300-7419 (toll free); or 1-843-308-5539 (outside the U.S.) to report:
Death of an annuitant or spouse

Click here: Changes in Marital Status after Retirement to report a marriage, remarriage, divorce.

For CS Annuitants

Civil Service annuitants are supported by the Office of Personnel Management, OPM. .

Please contact RETIRE@OPM.gov OR, go to www.servicesonline.opm.gov to access your annuity statements.